Friday, August 6, 2010

The House is a Mess; Our Home is Complete


How do they do it? Really. You know, those moms who have a full time job, a spic and span house, dinner on the table every evening and still manage to wear makeup. Don't tell anyone, but I kinda hate them.

I haven't cooked one meal this week. Tonight I actually called the pizza people from work with a delivery that arrived about 3 minutes after I walked in the door. Not so long ago I planned menus, cooked every night and put laundry away within 24 hours of completing it.

But, can I tell you - I am happier than ever. Who cares that we are housebound after 7pm because Zadie is asleep by then? Who cares that we may never see a first run movie until she is 5 years old?

Zadie is such a stinker. A little character. Her smile makes this mess a home.

4 comments:

  1. Leanne,
    When I get home, I'm ready for bed....I don't feel like cooking, just want to spend time with family....The house is a wreck, I need a house keeper...LOL!!! But just like you said I'm happier than ever...Can you give me your secret on getting Zadie to sleep so early??? Ms. Lidya doesn't want to lay down until 9:30 ish....
    Zadie is absoulutely beautiful!!!!
    Give her a big hug and kiss for us!!!
    Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just came across your blog and saw that you are in North Carolina. We live in Durham and just started our paperwork for an Ethiopian adoption. We would love to connect with you if you are anywhere near the Triangle area (or even if you are not). Please email me at yiothetisi@yahoo.com
    Thank you!!!
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my first time commenting here....hi!

    i have you linked via our adopt blog on our sidebar to follow updates.

    she is SO cute !

    we will be adopting from ETH and begin our paperwork soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I found you through Kyra's blog and although I'm a little late to comment on this post just HAD to say that those moms, the ones who work full time and have a clean house and makeup and dinner on the table, they don't actually exist! No one can really do all that and do it all well. You have got to let something slide and my vote is to let the cooking and cleaning go and put the love and energy into the family. There is some cliche little poem out there that says something like - there will always be dishes and cooking but our little ones grow up when we're not looking :( Familiy First! :) Anne

    ReplyDelete