Monday, April 26, 2010

She is Perfect!

We visited our sweet little lady's hometown during our first two days in ET. It was a wonderful experience that has changed us forever. Gondar Town is full of kind, generous people who taught me so much about myself. We visited the hospital where Zadie was born, which was unlike anything I would have been able to imagine before setting foot in that room. The filth, the lines of people waiting, the hopelessness. We visited the orphanage where she was first relinquished. It was a wonderful place of hope - more about that later. Then we visited one of the poorest places on earth. People who have nothing. Nothing. And who have no hope of anything.

Our plan was to fly back today, meet Zadie at 1pm or so.

But, our flight was delayed in Gondar by 3 hours! And when we called the agency to tell them about the delay, the first reaction was that we would do placement tomorrow, but my motherly instincts set in. AND, when we pulled up to the guest house where we are staying in Addis Ababa, Zadie was waiting in the living room!!!!! She is perfect! She is tiny, and her hair is crazy and her smile is contagious, but she is PERFECT!!!!

She fell asleep on my chest, then took a bottle from me, the peed on her daddy, then fell asleep on his shoulder.. so all in all... we are on our our way to parenthood!!!!!

WE ARE IN LOVE WITH HER. Photos to follow.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I am so happy for you!! It all sounds amazing, and you ARE parents!! Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed your visit to Gondar and got to meet sweet little Zadie today! I can't wait to see photos of your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this post! I can't wait to see photos!

    Just enjoy every minute of these first moments with sweet Zadie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just melted...
    can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo happy for you and also can't wait to see your family pictures.

    ReplyDelete